Friday, April 2, 2010

Carter Luke Vermilyea - Part 9

I was so impressed with how quickly I was able to do things after the c-section this time around. I know everyone says you heal faster after the first one, but I believe it was all part of God’s plan for those days. Instead of being sick and hardly able to move, I could move and didn’t feel sick at all! I could focus on Carter and just loving him.

Within a day or so after Carter being born, Ryan and I were better able to grasp all that had come as a surprise to us. Although still quite emotional and dealing with all sorts of feelings, we both knew that God was not a God of mistakes. This was part of His plan for Carter’s life, and the path we would all take as a family. Would it always be easy? Probably not. As humans, we assume things about the future and can so easily worry about situations that are to come. But, knowing that God loves us and purposed all this to happen, we knew we needed to take one day at a time, trusting Him completely. Would we always do that, without moments of doubt? Most likely not. But it was what we needed to strive to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment