Monday, April 12, 2010

Carter Luke Vermilyea - Part 18


At some point in those first few weeks after Carter was born, I was reading Psalm 139:13-14. I had read it many times in those weeks, and several people had written it down in emails or messages. But, for some reason it really hit home and made sense to me that day.

Psalm 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

You see, it wasn’t until that day that I really thought about the fact that God MADE Carter. I mean, I had said it and all, but it was the first time I had really thought about how He specifically made Carter with one hand. It wasn’t an accident. It wasn’t a mistake. It was His plan. When God was knitting him together, He made him with one hand. There is a reason. There is a plan. Isn’t that wonderful?

So, I have two children. Caroline, 2 years old (very soon to be 3) was born with two hands. Carter, 4 ½ months, was born with one hand. Both were created by God. Both were fearfully and wonderfully made. God’s works are wonderful. I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment