Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have had several people ask that I share more about Carter, his situation, where our family is at this point in time, and how God is working in the life of our family. For many months I have wanted to share, but haven’t been able to put into words all I want to say. I still don’t know that I can, but I thought I would never know until I try. It’s a lot to share, so I will just do what I can whenever I have a chance. Some of you know that I can be real wordy, so it may get long. But, I have wanted to write it out because I don’t want to forget anything. I’ll just post a little bit of it each day, until I get caught up. And something tells me our story will continue for many years to come. I pray through our story, through Carter’s life, that someone will come to know the Creator. That God will use our family for His glory.

So, here goes.

Just about a year ago we found out we were pregnant with baby #2 for our little family. We were so excited and couldn’t wait to find out what we were having and to welcome the sweet baby into our (then) family of 3. The pregnancy progressed nicely and we were excited as the appointment came for the 20 week ultrasound. We found out we were having a boy! At this same appointment, the ultrasound technician and doctor let us know that they were unable to see the baby’s right hand and forearm, but that they were sure it was just because of the baby’s positioning at that time. A follow-up ultrasound was planned for 32 weeks.

We left the appointment a little concerned, but pretty confident that the baby’s arm was there and all was fine. We prayed that it would be okay, and that God would heal the baby if there was something not quite right. Of course we didn’t want him to be born missing a hand/arm, but only because we know life can be hard enough and we didn’t want him to face extra struggles. However, Ryan and I both said that no matter what came about, that we knew that God was forming the little one, and that he would be perfect no matter what.

Even despite all this, I never really thought it would really be true.

(Read more tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment