Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I am so thankful today for the fact that I am so rich. Yes, that's right. I'm rich. And it's the greatest thing ever.

Am I rich by the world's standards? Probably not. We drive a car that is 10 years old and one that is 12 years old (we like our cars and they're both payed off!), our kids share a bedroom (and love it!), and we mostly eat at home.

But I am rich. Why? I have a husband who I love and he loves me no matter what and cares for me and our children. I have an almost 3-year old daughter who is a joy. She loves to talk, sing, and dance and is so happy! She wants to be a Mommy when she grows up. I have a 5-month old son who loves to smile, laugh, and give hugs. Really, he does hug us! It's great. We have a wonderful time together as a family. I am also blesssed by our decision and desire for me to be home with the kids, raising them to love the Lord, even if that means we don't have the newest cars and the biggest house. That's okay, because these things make me rich, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Proverbs 10:22
"The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it."









1 comment:

  1. Those are precious pictures!! And yes, Kim, I feel so rich too! Ha, and we don't even have 1 vehicle (hopefully soon)!

    ReplyDelete